Article 19 (1) The Court of Justice of the European Union shall include the Court of Justice, the General Court and specialised courts. It shall ensure that in the interpretation and application of the Treaties the law is observed. Member States shall provide remedies sufficient to ensure effective legal protection in the fields covered by Union law. (…)
Article 179 Judges shall be appointed for an indefinite period by the President of the Republic on the motion of the National Council of the Judiciary.
Article 186 (1) TThe National Council of the Judiciary shall safeguard the independence of courts and judges. (…)
Article 187 (1) The National Council of the Judiciary shall be composed as follows:
1) the First President of the Supreme Court, the Minister of Justice, the President of the Supreme Administrative Court and an individual appointed by the President of the Republic;
2) 15 judges chosen from amongst the judges of the Supreme Court, common courts, administrative courts and military courts;
3) 4 members chosen by the Sejm from amongst its Deputies and 2 members chosen by the Senate from amongst its Senators.
3. The term of office of the elected members of the National Council of the Judiciary shall be four years.
Article 6 [Right to a fair trial]
1. In the determination of his civil rights and obligations or of any criminal charge against him, everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time by an independent and impartial tribunal established by law. (…)